Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mirroring incoming message to external server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sersalpha

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2007
US
How would I set up qmail to mirror an incoming message from sender@domainx.com to local user "foo@do.main1.com" as well as forwarding an exact copy to "foo@domain2.com"?

The idea is I would like to test functionality a new mail server on do.main2.com without having anything regarding do.main.1 in the message header to complicate things like spamassassin filtering.

Why not setup another domain or another hostname on the same domain? Rather than risk messing uup your production kit?

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

perhaps i should have been more clear,

i have an email address steve@domain.com which is a local address on the server mailer.ma.domain.com
i have a secondary qmail test server that is at cliff.ma.domain.com
i have an email address steve@cliff.ma.domain.com

i would like to know if:
1) I can set up an alias on mailer.ma.domain.com to send to the local address steve@domain.com and the address steve@cliff.ma.domain.com

According to

You can put both addresses in a .qmail file and have delivery to both.

Problem I foresee is that you want delivery to a local user account but you also require processing of a .qmail file to invoke the alias/forward.

That situation involves mutually exclusive delivery controls. You could fix this by creating a new address that is exclusively unique to both destination accounts and plug the forwarding lines into a .qmail for that address

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back