Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mirror task in VS7 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCW

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
GB
I am creating a mirror task in ePO to get VS7 to download the datfiles and create a local mirror for workstations to update from. I set it as a task to run immediately but it does not work.

If I create the task manually in the application (ie not through ePO) it works fine.

Is there a problem with mirror tasks in VS7 Enterprise through ePO??

ChrisCW

** Helen Waite is now in charge of all rush orders. If you are in a hurry, just go to Helen Waite.

That would seem to be an account issue. Don't use a specific account and just use the logged-in account. Sounds quirky but it has worked. AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

I've found that if I point to the C:\MIRROR\DAT folder as a local share the update does not work. But, if I use UNC and point to \\SERVER\MIRROR\DAT it does work. Go figure.

This is the exact problem I've been having. I posted a similar problem last week, but haven't gotten a response. I've been working this problem on and off for about 3 weeks.

I can get the Mirror Task to run as long as the destination folder is a local drive on my server. But it fails everytime I use remote location via a UNC path.

I've called McAfee with no resolution. If you figure this out, please post your findings.

Thanks.

Make sure that you add an extra “\” to the end of the UNC path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back