Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mirror Mas90 3.71 to mySQL/VFP database for reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonblack

Programmer
Nov 25, 2008
US
I need to dump selected tables from 3.71 to a more easy to work with database format.

I would like a utility or set of scripts that can be run on a local server to populate a mySQL database for PHP based reports and extracts.

My managers need reports that are too complex and unstable to be coded in Crystal and much too complex for VI.

I currently use Excel to extract the data from selected tables then import the data into a Visual Foxpro 9 database. This is not and easy process and much to manual for daily processing.

Is there a packaged tool or a good whitepaper on doing this type of process? I would prefer to have all of it run as a PHP script on the webserver but would accept any viable solution.

NOTE: Management has given me NO budget to do this on so cost IS an issue!

Jon

I know of two master developers that have tools for this. Once pulls into SQL and the other into MS Access. Both will cost you. Your best bet is to post on the Sage Community.

Note that v3.71 is about 8 years old and support is due to end in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back