Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mirror failed to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicardie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2002
LU
Hi guys,

I have an NT 4.0 box, running latest patches and Virusscan 7.1 (latest dats also). I always use the mirror function to download files and autoupdate all PCs from this server, but it is not working since dat 4351. I didn't change any configuration on the server...

I tried several things: Changing the mirror location, trying to update the mirror from the nai ftp, from the nai http... nothing works!!! What should I do?

4/26/04 7:00:00 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting VirusScan task: Mirror
4/26/04 7:00:00 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Performing Mirror task from repository NAIFtp to E:\Nai
4/26/04 7:00:50 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Failed to connect to server ftp.nai.com. Check the agent log for more details.
4/26/04 7:00:50 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error occurred while downloading file SiteStat.xml.
4/26/04 7:00:50 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Mirror task from repository NAIFtp failed.
4/26/04 7:00:50 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Performing Mirror task from repository NAIHttp to E:\Nai
4/26/04 7:02:30 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error downloading file SiteStat.xml, naInet GetLastError() = 0
4/26/04 7:02:30 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error occurred while downloading file SiteStat.xml.
4/26/04 7:02:30 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Mirror task from repository NAIHttp failed.

I also have 3 other corporate sites to which I connect to download updates, but of course, I can not show that part of the log... what I can tell you is that in one site, the log says
File Current\SPAM1000\Replica.log not found
Error occurred while downloading file Replica.log.

For the other site,
Error occurred while downloading file SiteStat.xml.
Mirror task from repository CSD failed.

For the other site,
Error occurred while verifying file sdat4353.exe.

So... it's kind of weird. As you can see, the error is not the same on every different site.

appears you might have some FTP problems, see if you can get to ftp.nai.com throught a cmd prmpt or throught IE. those other errors are problems with your replication process... the replica.log file is a list of files that are located in that folder in your case the SPAM1000 folder. Try verifying your ftp connection to NAI... then run a replication

If I had a penny for every framework issue i'd have alot of pennies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back