Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mirror database remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
NZ
Top of the mornin to y'all

If I could just throw a question into the ring, I would love to get some feedback on my options here.

I have a Firebird 1.5 database on a standalone web server. We are currently investigating our options for disaster recover etc. The question is this:

What, IYHO, would be the best way to have a continuous remote connection to this database which enables constant mirroring of data? Is there some middleware available to control this? Or perhaps it would be simple to write my own?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated

cheers all

Tracey

Tracey
Remember... True happiness is not getting what you want...

Its wanting what you have got!

Tracey,

InterBase is not Firebird.

There's a special Firebird forum on tek-tips as well:

Anyway, you could try IBReplicator from or IBLogManager (in combination with its add-on products) from

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL Server

Hi Martijn

I posted this question here because.. well have you seen how many people hang out on that forum? It's not too busy I thought since they are essentially the same database I would have better luck here.

I found IBReplicator a while after I posted this.. am having trouble getting it to work properly though... but am in contact via their mailing list.

Thanks for replying

Tracey

Tracey
Remember... True happiness is not getting what you want...

Its wanting what you have got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back