Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mirror 2 Ports for Traffic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2003
US
We just purchased Sniffer Portable, and on my Core Switch I had it hooked up Mirror the Default VLAN Port, Port 1 to Monitor all traffic flowing throug my Network. Problem is, we were doing the same thing for WebSense to Block Protocol's, by Mirroring the Default VLAN. So I needed to unplug that to try out Sniffer. If I set Websense Back to Mirror that Port for Protocol Blocking, how can I use Sniffer Portable to continue to monitor my network?? Or should I be using a different product? Any Suggestions??

What kind of switch do you have? The bigger switches can monitor more than 1 session at a time. This is from a 6509.

switch#sh ru | inc monitor
monitor session 1 source interface Gi9/15
monitor session 1 destination interface Gi10/4
monitor session 2 source interface Gi13/39
monitor session 2 destination int Gi10/5

Likely, your websense needs only to look at your internet connection, so you may be able to use a tap to monitor the websense traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back