Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIRAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosptech

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to connect to a MIRAN card via procomm.

Yes I know but I cant talk to the card. I need the settings for PROCOMM. I have 8-n-1 9600 baud and vt-100

9600 8-n-1 are correct

There are 2 different serial connections - on face plate and db9 on octipus cable. you can only connect to one at a time.

It is possible baud rate was changed from default. try 19,2 down to 1200

if not woking from either location, may need to reboot card

ARE YOU TYPING A SHIFT~ TO GET THE LOGON SCREEN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

if you can, try a reboot the card.. or try a crtl r.. we just added two mirans to my hosp site about a month ago. great improvement over the interilia's.. the moh alone is a big help...doesn't sound to bad

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I Have tried all of the above. If I manullay reset the cards I can see it reboot and get to the login screen but that is a far as I can get.

check either the cable or the pc. sounds like your not transmitting.. you see the boot so your rec pair is right, so you don't need a null. is that a known good comm and cable? you could have a bad card, but with two comm ports on the card responding the same.. ?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The Nortel cable that will allow you to connect is:
A0655005
NTAG81BA

In my cheat sheet I wrote this down regarding connecting to a MIRAN card thru the octopus cable:
control ~
shift ~
2 separate actions...

btw i just got back into mine and it was frozen.. the f5 key repainted the screen

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

On MIRAN setting have to be 9600.8.N-1 and VT100
When connecting just use down arrow upto the cursor come at the center bottom of the screen. Press enter...you will have the status screen appear...

Ctrl R doesn't work with VT100 and Miran doesn't support to have VT320.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back