Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Miran Time & Date Sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtycka

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2003
SK
Hi,

does any one successfully config and run the Time sync from M1 to Miran Card?
I set a M1 IP in T&D Sync menu, Enabled is set to true, but i see no changes after the time period.
Please any help will acceptable.

Thanks.

I believe that you point Miran to the IP of the time server and it updates off that. I have the same problem I don't notice any change in the time and I have mine pointed to a time and date IP.

Woodro

Hi,

You must specify the IP of the M1. You must also create an user account and password for it (So it can login to the M1 and access LD 2)

If you want to SET the time in the M1 your LAPW needs access to all the customers (Create a LAPW and at the CUST prompt type ALL). I'm not sure if you need it to view it (Like the MIRAN does).

Also the NTP's say 2 things:

1. It only does a time sync during boot-up
2. It does a time sync at the scheduled interval...

To test this, you could set the Miran time to the wrong time and reboot it...

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Your right, I just read this same thing in my Miran book, It helps if you read over things sometimes. Well thanks anyway and the book says you can set the time and day for updating the miran also. On NTP 553-3001-112 page 211 of 300
tells you how to set the frequency or how many times between synchronization and the IP of the M1 and what time you want it to synchronize.

On another issue concerning auto wakeup and Miran I have some questions? see the new thread auto wake up and miran
err220.

Woodro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back