Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIRAN CARD Static LAst nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.

armytechie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2005
US
Summarized
I have an option 61c IVR / CP / Symposium / CTI call center
I have re-seated the card multiple time (x3) and recently have replaced the card itself. But as if I've done nothing two weeks later (which is the typical time it takes to crap out) I'm back to square one having to reseat the new card.

I know I skipped a step in checking the cables and I'm going to dispatch a tech to confirm ground but could it be anything else? Any insight is much apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you by chance receiving any ERR220 with the miran card slot?

Nope No ERR220 What I'm looking to do is reload the canned music as I believe when they imported it from the onld card they brought the static too, Can anyone share some insight. Is that possible? Keep in mind this is a brand new card, and I've relocated onto a new BUS already.

Like clock work every two weeks.

armytechie (IS/IT--Management) 3 Jun 08 3:23
Nope No ERR220 What I'm looking to do is reload the canned music as I believe when they imported it from the old card they brought the static too, Can anyone share some insight. Is that possible? Keep in mind this is a brand new card, and I've relocated onto a new BUS already.

Like clock work every two weeks.
Is it possible to import bad audio? Yes. But since you do not indicate that it is always there I think it highly unlikely in your case.

Some here have suggested the Universal Trunk Card associated with the MIRAN or the Conf/TDS Card for the loop/shelf that the MIRAN is in. These are both valid recommendations and verifying/reseating your cable connections isn't a bad idea either but you may have to dig more into the switch to find the source of your problem.

You haven't indicated how the MIRAN is being used. How many RAN channels are in use and for what? Is it only the music channel that is the problem? Is the channel with the problem accessed fairly regularly or only occasionally? If it happens "Like clock work every two weeks" is there anything different at that time (call volume, environment, etc) than the rest of the time? After it begins does it eventually stop "like clock work" as well?

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

GHTROUT (IS/IT--Management) 3 Jun 08 7:36
Move the MIRAN card to another card slot(s)
Sir, Already moved it and installed a new card. I was just doing some poking around and seen this, I've never delt with before any insight would be much appreciated.

This is tonight!
TNS 32767 LEFT 32520 USED 247
ACDN 24000 LEFT 23796 USED 204
AST 100 LEFT 18 USED 82
DCH 255 LEFT 251 USED 4
AML 16 LEFT 14 USED 2
RAN CON 20 LEFT 0 USED 20
RAN RTE 9999 LEFT 9994 USED 5
MUS CON 20 LEFT 0 USED 64
INTERNET TELEPHONES 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
WIRELESS VISITORS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0

This was Tuesday
REQ slt
TNS 32767 LEFT 32520 USED 247
ACDN 24000 LEFT 23796 USED 204
AST 100 LEFT 18 USED 82
DCH 255 LEFT 251 USED 4
AML 16 LEFT 14 USED 2
RAN CON 20 LEFT 0 USED 20
RAN RTE 9999 LEFT 9994 USED 5

NOTE THE RAN CON. Could this be the issue? but why the 2 day change? and so drastic.

Thanks in advance

RAN CON is "Ran Broadcast Connections", not traditional RAN or MIRAN. Also I am pretty sure MIRAN has it's own Ran Broadcast license plan not found in SLT.

As for the SLT response. it looks like is just missed a few lines of output. Could be nothing...

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Question, are you using music on Analog0?

If so, is your music source outputting 600ohms? The Miran cards require 600ohm inputs for music. Anything other than 600ohms will give varied results including static.

The RAN CON is listed in the switch, it is not part of the MIRAN key codes. The Rancon is prompted in the RDB is configured for broadcast. If RANCOn is entered when prompted a minimum value is 4.

In the past Nortel has had problems with the MIRAN and noise on the channels (ports) but I though that had all been resolved. I do know they still have problems with the cards locking up. I worked on one that the TUI would lock up about once a week and the card would have to be reset. That problem is still pending and was sent to Nortel Engineering by ETAS for a resolution.

Steve I had the same problem until I upgraded to firmware Version 2.0.17c (Rls 6) on my MIRAN cards.

If it's a broadcast option, then it maywell be your licences that may need upgrading to handle the call volumes

Your Music looks alright but it looks as if your RAN's may be the problem

Cheers!!

on your ran trunk
Code:
DES  RAN
TN   056 1 05 06
TYPE RAN
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 85 1
[COLOR=red]CONN 4[/color]
DATE 29 NOV 2005

make sure your conn are =to the desired number of callers that need to share that recording... i thought that was broadcast lic i needed but don't see that in the slt.. you do not need those with music BUT
Code:
DES  MUS
TN   052 1 05 00
TYPE MUS
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 81 1
[COLOR=red]CFLP 15[/color]
DATE 18 OCT 2005

that mus trunk provides music just for tn's in the 1st group.. we have a mus trunk for each group with cflp being the conf card for each group.... all the trunks are on the miran..but they have to reflect each of the conf cards in my ld 22 prt cequ

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back