Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIRAN card - music on hold 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 8, 2002
GB
We have an Option 61 (software release 25)at one site with a private wire to an Option 11 (release 22, soon to be upgraded) at another. A MIRAN card has been installed in the Option 61 for use with the recent install of a Symposium Express.

We are now using a CD player with the Symposium for users to listen to music while queueing.

Can we use this card to provide Music on Hold throughout the Spalding and Peterborough site?

If yes, what is required e.g. programming etc.

If not what is required please?

You can use the Miran at you 61 site for music either by attaching the RCA cable off the front of the card to your music source or using one of your external port 0 or 1 and connecting at the frame. You must make the software assignment by connecting a terminal to the Miran. Your opt11 site could only hear the music if the call is controlled by Symposium. Otherwise, you will need a another music source at the opt 11 site.

By far the most cost effective solution is a RAN card and portable CD player on the 'other' switch. I have around a dozen 'spare' RAN cards and a portable CD player is circa £25. Don't forget yout PRS licence.

I recently purchased a second-hand MIRANII card. I can access the card through a terminal but when I dial the ACOD of the DID built on the last TN it won't recognize any user name I put in. All I want to do is record an announcement saying this line may be monitored for quality assurance before I send the call to our customer service group. I found one piece of documentation saying the username is USER (8737) but that won't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back