Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIP Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I amn simply trying to map a public IP address to a private IP address, but something isnt right. This was working before and I am not sure what changed.

Juniper SSG140 running OS6.2

Configured a MIP under my Untrust Interface that points to the internal IP address.

Added a Policy Untrust to Trust with the Source Any and the Destination is the MIP(Public IP) and the service is ANY for testing.

When I do an ipchicken.com from the server I am trying to map to it shows me going out of the correct public address, but I cant even ping that address going into the private.

Am I missing something simple?

Is that interface set to respond to ping? I know I've seen it on the main interface options before, but cant remember if its on the MIP options. My SSG is in a box from moving, otherwise I'd take a look.

If your public MIP IP isn't in the same subnet as your untrust interface ip, you might need to add some routes.

it was changing that ping option that did it. after i set that interface to ping it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back