Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minor Excel Annoyance 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaht

Programmer
Aug 18, 2003
US
I'm using MS Excel 2003.

Every time I open a document in excel the "Work Items" toolbar shows up. I right click on the toolbars section and uncheck it every time, however it's there again each time I reload excel. Is there a way to disable this toolbar so that it stays gone?

-kaht

...looks like you don't have a job, so why don't you get out there and feed Tina.
headbang.gif
[rockband]
headbang.gif

Perhaps a stupid question, but here goes. How are you closing Excel?? Using the X in the top-right corner, or choosing File > Exit???

Some configurations do not take when you exit using the X to close the application. Just a thought......

Thanks,
Bob

I've been closing with the X, but File > Exit still produces the same problem, the "Work Items" toolbar reappears next time Excel is loaded.

-kaht

...looks like you don't have a job, so why don't you get out there and feed Tina.
headbang.gif
[rockband]
headbang.gif

Hi kaht,

What do you mean by the "Work Items" toolbar? I can't identify any toolbar of that name in Excel. Is it some custom toolbar at your location? Or do you mean the Task Pane at the right hand side of the screen?

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

After further investigation, I don't even see the "work items" toolbar in my Excel. Was that add-on??? And when you say 'document' do you mean a spreadsheet or an actual Word document???

Thanks,
Bob

Is it some custom toolbar at your location?

If it is some add-on that I got, then I was completely unaware of it showing up in the first place. To fix the solution I went into "customize" and deleted it out of my toolbar possibilities. I never used it anyway, so I probably won't miss it. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

-kaht

headbang.gif
[rockband]
headbang.gif

One final update:

Clicking customize and deleting the toolbar completely did not solve the problem. So I decided to google it and came up with this as the first page:

Deleting the registry key has worked successfully for me. No more work items toolbar.

-kaht

headbang.gif
[rockband]
headbang.gif

kaht, thanks for coming back and closing the loop on this, as most people wouldn't have bothered - Have tucked away the solution for later, just in case, so star from me :)

Regards
Ken............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohoo, my first non-programming related star!! [smile]

All jokes aside, hope it helps someone.

-kaht

headbang.gif
[rockband]
headbang.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back