Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimizing window hides it completely 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ersbygubben

Programmer
May 8, 2001
FI
Hello,
it happened again. Running Win-98. Wordwindow disappears completely when I try to shrink it from the middlebutton in the topright corner. On the taskbar I can see the application is still active, but since the window disappeared, I can't resize it to something smaller from full screen. With rightclicking the Wordicon on the taskbar, I get the menu where it says resize, but nothing happens when I try this. How do I get back the "halfsized" word window?

close or minimize all apps except Word, then right click on taskbar and click "Cascade Windows"

kybrdmnky has the easiest solution to the "offscreen window" I've ever seen and will get a star as soon as I finish this.

To Ersbygubben: After you select Resize, you must play with the arrow keys to actually resize (or Move) a window, and then press Enter to accept the resize/move when you're done.

But kybrdmnky's solution for finding the damned window is the best!

Sloth is the mother of invention. Necessity is just a mother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back