Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimizing Outlook 2003 closes application

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlp50

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
GB
I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find an answer..... so...

Outlook 2003, sp 1 when the minimise button in the top right of the application is pressed it closes down Outlook.

Running on Win XP, sp 2.

Anyone seen this and know how to stop it closing?

Thanks

Are you absolutely certain that Outlook is closing? Check using Task manager. I ask because it is possible to set Windows XP Outlook to not display Outlook either in the TaskBar or Sytem Tray when it is minimised. That way it stays in memory and opens up instantly and still provides New mail notifications.

Regards: tf1

I tried your suggestion, thanks, but Outlook is definitely closing - it is not listed as open in task manager - any further ideas?

Try something simple first: in Outlook, select Help, Detect and repair option. See if that does anything.

Regards: tf1

Thanks again for your suggestion, but no, it didn't fix it.

Looking in the event viewer - each time the user minimises Outlook and it closes the following event is logged - but this doesn't make much sense as there seems to be a lot of info online, but it is about the system shutting down - is this related:

Event 1517

Windows saved user Domain\username registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back