Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimize Access Window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
Hi, folks! I have maximized all my form windows and have unchecked all startup items so that each form takes up the entire screen for security. However, users would like to be able to minimize the access application window to look at other applications. How do I do this? I can minimize forms, but how do I minimize the application? I would like to attach code to a command button to do that onClick.

DoCmd.SelectObject ??,true
DoCmd.Minimize

Thank you in advance!!

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

PHV, thank you for your suggestion. I think I must have forgotton something, because nothing happens when I click the command button on one of my open forms. Please see the code below:

Private Sub Command112_Click()
'Maximize Access Application
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize
End Sub

Thanks, again, for any help!!

0212 just put this line instead

Code:
docmd.minimize [\code]

hope you got it 

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

sorry just type

Code:
 docmd.minimize

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

PHV and IGPCS, thank you for your very rapid response. I may be getting closer.

IGPCS, unfortunately, I think docmd.minimize will only work for the form in the active window (I need to minimize the application, then restore it so users can access other apps).

PHV, I can minimize access using the code to which you referred. But how do I restore to the previous state. I have an icon. How do I attach code to the application icon? Sorry, I am certainly no expert in Access!

Wow! I just asked this same question...odd coincidence. PHV, your code snippet does minimize the Access application. As usual you are on target.

0212, your second request will be tough to fulfill. One possibility would be to create a second access application. The "icon" you describe would be the second application. When clicked, it could talk to the OS and tell it to make Access active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back