Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

minimize a part of the page with struts?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondenkind

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
DE
hi folks,

i'm coding a search functionality in struts with a search form on top and the search results below. since the search form is pretty big, the customer fancies a solution where he can maximise and minimize the search form to see more of the results on the screen without scrolling.

how can i do that with struts? i could set the visibility to hidden via javascript, but that doesn't solve the space problem as the invisible search form stays in its place and the search results don't "jump up"...

any suggestions?

thanks a lot!

caz.

Hi

[ul]
[li]Usually Struts is used for data processing, for displaying is used JSP. ( forum695 - Servlets and JSP )[/li]
[li]Web page formatting is not server-side programming question, is HTML. ( forum215 - HTML, XHTML & CSS)[/li]
[li]Manipulating HTML elements with JavaScript is still not server-side programming. ( forum216 - JavaScript )[/li]
[/ul]
mondenkind said:
i could set the visibility to hidden via javascript, but that doesn't solve the space problem as the invisible search form stays in its place
Code:
  display: none;
Note, that undisplayed form fields are not submitted in some browsers.

Feherke.

hi feherke.

thanks for your reply

of course i know the the actual displaying is done in jsp. but i was wondering (since i'm not so experienced with struts) if there was the possibility to realize that with certain struts tags.

you are right that it's more a client side html/javascript question, i just hoped struts would offer me readymade tags and properties for that kind of problem...

cheers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back