Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mini Basis question from a newbie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmartin1964

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
GB
I just installed a Mini Basis system. While trying to work through the tutorial, I tried to create a new program and got the message "No changes on SAP objects allowed" while logged in as BCUSER. Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

cjmartin1964@aol.com

Not sure if you have this sorted already? Transaction scc4 has the Client locked for changes. Run this transaction and double click the client you wish to change. Various modification options can be set. Also transaction se06 must have the system status set to be modifiable. you need to have SAP_ALL authority to make these changes.

no, you don't have to have sap_all. by entering the transaction into the menu in a role, the associated auth objects needed are pulled in, and then you can pick the values to make it work. we don't give anyone sap_all on our PRD system!!

vicki.sanders@pacificorp.com

Martin,

How do you get Minibasis CDs? Please guide me.

Thanks

Hello Martin,

Can you help me as to how you got this Mini Basis CD.

Please guide to fetch one.

Thanks,

Minibasis CD is available thru SAP store, for that you have to be a SAP Community member, accumulate few hundred points and then you can order a copy from SAP store.

CJ....
I am also haveing the "No changes on SAP objects allowed" problem when I try to create a new program.
I have made the recommended checks using the scc4 and se06 transactions, but that did not help.
Are you able to create a program with it yet????

CD's come with the book:
ABAP Objects ISBN#: 0201750805
By Horst Keller
An EXCELLENT SAP Programming Reference!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot make changes to SAP Objects without a registration key.
You will be able to create your own programs which start with a Y or Z.
I have tested this solution, and I am able to create programs in the Mini Basis system now.

Yes, GerryR is right. Just create your objects beginning eg with Z and it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back