Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mincom RDL output file question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatdaddy

Technical User
Sep 1, 2011
US
Hi all,

I'm trying to modify MSRRAF.RDL(remittance advice fax) to generated an output file that I can suck into my faxing software.

The report file that is generated and sent to me via email is in the proper format (I have a little command program that will break it up into individual faxes already) but I can't get it to drop an output file that I can grab with the CMD.

In the "%FILE" section I can insert the code:

RFILE = MSTRAFA

RFILE = MSRRAFB

That creates and emails 2 identical reports to the requester. If then I try to insert the lines:

OFILE = MSTRAFA (replacing RFILE = MSTRAFA)

Then designate an output file:

%OUTPUT-FILE

A

The program will not compile.

I have no real experience with writing RDL and frankly I'm please I've gotten as far as I have with this. I feel like I'm really close. I just need a little help.

Hi,

My RDL is very rusty as we use mostly sql to create our sequential files.

This is how I Think you shoud do it :

Specify : OFILE = MSTRAFG
%OUTPUT-FILE
G (This matches the last character of the output file, may be you are missing this therefore it wont compile.)
%CONTROL
RECORD-LENGTH = 100 (actual length)

Rgds
Kes

Kes,

you are correct I had the wrong character for the output file.

I also had a "%title" section that the output file was having issues with. Makes sense that it doesn't want a title if it's a sequential output file.

perhaps an answer for the next time is to go to the MSB and incorporate sql calls in the COBOL? I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks again,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back