Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mincom MIMSDA OLE DB Provider Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RXDB

Programmer
Aug 3, 2005
GB
I am relatively new to programming MIMSX, but have a lot of ADO experience. Is there anyone who has successfully used the MIMSDA OLE DB provider ? A basic example of using a fetch or modify request would be much appreciated.

Andrew Grigg

Has anyone responded to you yet?

I am also relatively new to Connector, and would like to use the OLE provider.

Once the mimsda.dll is registered, what is its label in the References window?

If you (or anyone else reading this) have any working examples, would you please send me a copy (or post it, so others can try it too).

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Since posting this query I have found out that, in my companies instance, the OLE DB provider for Mincom is not installed on the client computers by default.

I guess that once this is done, using it should be the same as accessing the database using the MSDAORA provider for Oracle. This is how I have been accessing the tables until now, which is not a good way as it ignores all the business rules built into Mincom Ellipse.

All you should need to reference in your project is 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.?' and then ensure that you specify MIMSDA in the 'Provider' parameter of the connection string. For example, all I had to do was install the Oracle client and was able to use the MSDAORA provider to access the Mincom Ellipse database tables.

At the moment I am trying to get the OLE DB provider for Mincom installed, so until then I can only provide you with code that uses the MSDAORA provider, but it should be essentially the same. If you want the code just let me know your e-mail address so I can send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back