Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mincom Axis Connect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejis

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
AU
Can any one give me details on how this work?
What do I need to do to implement it?
which is the basic hardware that I must have?

Alejis:

We implemented Mincom Axis at the end of October. I have a lot of information about it and can email it. Just let me know where to send it! What is your MIMS version? We are 4.1

Regards
Donna Peske
PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara

dpes1@corp.newmont.com

Guys,

it would be worthwhile if you also gave at least a brief answer to the questions here in the forum, for the benefit of the wider community that took the time to check on the question
Thanks

Calator:

Briefly, Mincom Axis is the e-business package supported by Mincom. As an add-on to MIMS, this functionality is used to transmit PO's electronically from our MIMS system to the Axis hub in Brisbane and on to our trading partners. Specifically, we are registered with the Quadrem Mining Marketplace, and currently all of our transactions go through the marketplace. Once they received to PO's, they send us an electronic PO Acknowledgement back. We are currently trading with 6 suppliers throughout Australia and the U.S. We will be going live with some local Indonesia suppliers in the near future. This is just a step up from EDI, where the internet is used to transmit documents electronically instead of VAN's.

The next step will be to receive invoices and advance shipping notices electronically. The ability to receive invoices is not currently available to us because we use MIMS version 4.1 and the adapters are not yet available.

Basically, we had to add two servers. One is an NT Server and the other is a Solaris Netra. The Solaris Proxy server sits in the DMZ between the our firewalls and passes the transformed documents out to the Mincom Axis hub.

The NT PAC server processes inbound and outbound xml documents, holds the PO, POACK and other adapters, and polls MIMS periodically to find if documents exist to be sent to the hub. It keeps various logs about PO's sent and POAck, etc received.

In MIMS, our electronic trading suppliers order medium is changed to 'E', and some minor changes to the supplier file are made. A new table called SXML is added where supplier who trade electronically are created. There is a new program called MSBXPO which runs after the MSB222 PO Print process. This program moves the PO data to the MSF012 file. The PAC server polls periodically to find any records in the MSF012 file that have not been processed. When it finds them it picks them up, transforms them to xml format and sends them out through the PAM Proxy server to the Mincom Axis hub in Brisbane. The hub then passes them on to the trading partners, in our case through the Quadrem marketplace.

When supplier will then send an acknowledgement back through the Axis hub. It comes in through our Proxy server to the PAC Server where the transformation again occurs. This time the MSREDI and MSB290/290 processes run which load the POACK into MIMS. The status of the PO changes from SENT ELECTRONICALLY to ACCEPTED or REJECTED.

That's pretty brief, but hopefully explains how it works!

: )

Donna,

Thanks, that was more than a brief description. It sounds very exciting. Is it working fine?

Using the Mincom Axis hub has been great. They have an excellent support team in Brisbane who have worked very closely with us.

(Here's a plug for Jenny Johnson, Adrian Ferguson, and Hilary Catherall, Shane De Arauo, and more!)

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back