Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

min and max dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

compufreaks

Technical User
Jul 30, 2012
ZA
hi everyone

i have researched about this for days but nothing has come up. i would just like to know if this is possible....

i have an option that a user can select a date range by a start date and end date and it shall be displayed on the report as follows...

Code:
="Between"+Format([Forms]![ViewReportsForm]![StartDate],"\ d\ mmmm\ yyyy")+"  to  "+Format([Forms]![ViewReportsForm]![EndDate],"d\ mmmm\ yyyy")

now i would like to know that if a user does not select a date range from the form , can i pull the most recent and earliest record?

i have been trying for week to solve this but nothing has come up.

You can try something like:

Code:
="Between " & IIf(IsNull([reference to control]),Min([YourDateField),Format(...)) & " to " & IIf(IsNull([reference to control]),Max([YourDateField),Format(...))

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

hi there thanks for your reply :)

i have made some progress with this issue

just having this error , its a runtime 3075 error

Code:
strSQL = strSQL & " " & "WHERE [Clusters].Cluster_Desc =" & [Combo1] & " and " & "Source.Day_Month_Year  Between #" & DMax("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "# AND #" & DMin("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "#" & ";"

This looks like a different problem/question. Can you share your code and the results after putting line continuations and debug.print in your code:

Code:
strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE [Clusters].Cluster_Desc =" & [Combo1] & _
  " and Source.Day_Month_Year  Between #" & _
  DMax("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "# AND #" & _
  DMin("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "#;" 
Debug.Print strSQL

Also tell us if Cluster_Desc is text.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

hi i have managed to sort this issue out ...

here is the solution

Code:
 strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE [Clusters].Cluster_Desc='" & [Combo1] & "' AND Source.Day_Month_Year Between #" & DMax("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "# AND #" & DMin("Day_Month_Year", "Source") & "#;"

thanks again for all your help

If "Source" is a table/query in your report's record source then you shouldn't need to include "Source.Day_Month_Year" in the WHERE clause. IMO, you should also change the name of Combo1 to something that makes sense. It only takes a couple seconds to make your apps look more professional. I would also prefix the combo box names with "Me."

[CODE vba]
strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE [Clusters].Cluster_Desc='" & Me.[cboClustDesc] & "'"
[/code]

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back