Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIMS - Railway Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikCW

MIS
Nov 7, 2001
GB
Has anyone had any success/payback running MIMS in a Railway infrastructure maintenance environment. I am interested in use of MIMS for interactive planning of prioritised cyclic and work arising maintenance.

I think the state rail companies in Western Australia and New South Wales both use it.

MTRC Mass Transit Rail Corporation of Hong Kong have been running MIMS for a couple of years. Union Pacific Railways in the USA are also using MIMS but I do not know what version. There is also a site in the UK but I am not sure of its name.

Generally the continous assett functionallity was developed based on rail track maintenance in the Australian mining industry.

Let me know if you need more details.

Alstom Melbourne Transport use MIMS in their Infrastrucure operations as do Theiss Infraco

Alstom in Mexico also use the MIMS for managing train and rail maintenance.
If you wish to send me an email I could probably dig up some information for you on applicability etc. Ozgipsy
darylm@attglobal.net

Railtrack in London UK are installing MIMS maintenance. They may be worth contacting for more information. It's a huge project which when finished will have 2-3k registered users with around 600 concurrent. It is being implemented zone by zone, IMC by IMC (Infrastructure Maintenance Company)and should be finished in another twelve months.

MIMS is being put in the address maintenance only and there are no plans at this stage to implement other modules.

Sydney based organisations Rail Services Australia and Rail Access Corp., have now merged into the one organisation called Rail Infrastructure Corp. They are using MIMS 4.3.1 and are in the process of converting to Oracle 8. They use the GL, Supply, Maintenance and HR/Payroll functionality extensively.

RIC is responsible for the rail infrastructure maintenance throughout New South Wales, Australia.

Their sister organisation Freight Corp also use MIMS.

Can anyone help? I am attempting to secure a resource management position with Railtrack and am unfamiliar with MIMS, although have much experience of formal methodologies and processes. I would be very interested in pointers to information on MIMS. Regards

RAD

Hi
Yes currently being used by Railtrack uk as an asset management tool. I have been training some of the end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back