Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIMS OE and Connector installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdoughty

MIS
Sep 10, 2002
AU
Hi all,
I'm having terrible trouble trying to install OE and Connector so that it works reliably. It works for a bit, then I get an error in asia32.exe ("referenced memory cannot be read"). It does work on some PC's, but it took a few goes.

The installation I am doing goes like this...

Ellipse 5.2 Connector (this is the version that was delivered to us when we purchased Connector licences)
MIMS OE 4.3.1. Build 9.2
MIMS OE 4.3.x GST/FBT Enhancement
MIMS OE Service Pack 1.0

MIMS OE works for a while, but after 1 or 2 uses, it seems to get confused (sticks open), and then I get the failures.

I am installing on Win2000 Pro (I am an administrator). There are a swag of messages through the installation - read only files that need to be overwritten and unable to register one of the dpl files.

Anyone else had problems?

Steve

I have found the same problem on occasion when using BOC... I actually had some invalid code in my VB scripts which was causing the problem.

Also, in our version of the MIMS client (4.3.1 and middleware 4.15 Mincom TP) running on Win2K and NT4, if you run out of Physical memory (RAM) and have to use swap space then MIMS will error every time, either with an application error or middleware (asia32) error. eg. on my PC, Mem Usage in Windows Task Manager will show 285612K and the Physical Memory is only 261560K. As soon as I free up some memory by re-booting or closing other applications, then MIMS does not error any more.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back