Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mimicking Meridian1 DN assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLSbutton

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
another idea fellow UCx users....I think the EMT crew should trial using multiple DN keys (different extension numbers) to perform identical functions to the M1 and CS1k users who switch over to the UCx.

I know you can add up to five lines on one extension license but with the same DN numbers. Would a true PBX allow you to use multiple DN numbers on the same phone that function not only as BLF but as dialing out lines similar to The old 1a2 way?

Anyone else have any feedback?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

This can be accomplished with a Yealink or other SIP phones by registering different accounts on the phone. The design of the Nortel sets are for multiple appearances of the same DN. I think there is a "best of both worlds" approach here. Of course, if you are totally re-using existing M1\CS1K sets, then different DN's approach isn't valid. In addition, I think there are other things that would be of more value in development time than this, simply because on the UCx, you can do Ring Groups or Follow Me to "semi-achieve" the same results. ...Just my opinion.....

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

That's true, was just curious what everyone's opinion was. I always wondered why M1 Phones have separate DN numbers while the Norstar didn't?

So is the Norstar/BCM designed off of an early key system arrangement, which usually had I/C paths for Internal Calls, hence the Intercom button?

On the PBX, the internal DN numbers were based on 1A2 phones tied to PBX's in the past with each button resembling an extension. So the UCx ties the best of Key Systems (I/C path) with the multiple DN's of a PBX.

Hence, that's why the PBX phones had an I/C button.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back