Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Miltel 3300 ICP password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diginet0

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2015
VE
thread1329-1742330
I recently be in charge of a telco platform that includes a Mitel 3300 ICP. The last administrator didn't provide username and password, so we don't have access to such PBX, can anyone explain how to recover the password of the mitel? This equipment is owned by our customer and the manuals doesn't explain nothing about password recovery as any equipment has. I'll appreciate if anyone can help us with this issue.

The Mitel is no located in USA and we also do not have any Mitel's support.

Do you have a Serial connection on a laptop? If not, a USB to Serial port will work.
such as this... I've had good success with the Prolific chipset version and poor success with the FTDI.

once connected, open putty and select the com port that your PC assigned to the serial port (you can find this in the device manager).

Connect the Serial port end to the maintenance port on the front of the controller.
Press Enter - you should get a -> icon
Type the following at that -> command prompt then press enter.

-> ResetLoginPassword "system"

This will reset the system password to “password”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back