Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

beck

Programmer
Mar 22, 1999
US
I have created a program with the use of forms. in the forms are labels and text boxes for entry of information to calculate a desired result. I would like to copy the entire form to the clipboard so that it can be placed in another application. Any suggestions on how this can be done. thank you for your assistance.

OK<br>
<br>
You're probably not going to like this but this is the only way I know of how to do this<br>
<br>
1) Display your form on screen<br>
<br>
2) Press SHIFT+PRINT-SCREEN (copies the whole screen to the clipboard)<br>
<br>
3) Fire up PaintBrush<br>
<br>
4) Paste into PaintBrush<br>
<br>
You can now save this image as a file - but it *is* an image - not text that you can easily manipulate.<br>
<br>
There's probably a way to do that from within a VB program I'll do some digging if you're interested - it wold be nicer (of course) if someone else had already done this....<br>
<br>
Hope this helps you Becky<br>
<br>
Mike<br>

I was attempting to use a select all command and then copy to the clipboard. When this was done, the clipboard stated that it was not in a recognize the format and would not copy to other programs. Thank you for your assistance in this. If you can think of anything else, I would greatly appreciate it. <br>
<br>
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back