Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrtating users from NT4.0 to Server2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlsHlpKat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
I will be replacing an existing WinNT4.0 server with a brand new Windows Server 2003 machine. I have done NT - 2003 upgrades but have never done a server migration. There is only three users at this location. I know on WinNT I can create a PDC and a BDC but not sure how this works for Server2003. Should I try to make it a BDC or can I just set the three users up from scratch and then just migtate the data over. I was not sure if this would change their profiles or not. What is the best procedure for this?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hey, there are no BDCs and/or PDCs anylonger - only Member-Servers and Domain-Controllers ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Yes, I understand that but my questions is how can I migrate the user accounts and all of the data to the new machine. Can I have both servers on line at the same time and just move the info across the network? If so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back