Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration Wizard 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2000
US
We're migrating a NW4.11 Groupwise 5.5 server to NW5.1sp7. On our workstations (Win2k) we are getting an error trying to set up a project in Migration Wizard 6.5. The error is:

The database can't be created:
A database error occured. The following information was returned from the database API's
Error: 80040154
Meaning: Class not registered
Source of Error: (null)
Description of Error:(null)
File: .\SRC\ADOCatalog.cpp
Line:90

The workstations have NWClient 4.9sp2, 4.9, or 4.8 clients. All workstations have admin rights to the desktop, all are attaching to the servers via IPX, all running 100mb nic's. On some workstations the error is similar but it's 80004005.

Anyone encounter this or have any suggestions? Please advise.
Thanks,
Domenick

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

The error occurs at the last step of the project creation. You can name the project, choose source and destination tree/server, then when you click on "Create" the error displays. I downloaded a clean install from Novell's site, but it did the same thing.

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com
dpell352@GMAIL.COM
dpell352@gpmb.shacknet.nu

never seen this but in truth i have never used mig wiz on 4.11

only 6 going 6.5
can you try the wizard on an nt pc or an xp pc
preferable nt
althogh to be truthful most times i have run the wizard it's been on 2k and a few time xp and once on xp
and never had a prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back