Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration to window 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathi

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
hi all,

I am completely new bee to migration need help asap.
we r having Imp reports(*.imr) and cubes(*.mdc).
What are all precaution should we take before performing migration to window 2000 server from window NT server 4.0 and what type of problems we can expect.

thanx
nathi

BACKUP EVERYTHING!!!

Ideal situation is if you have 2 servers to work with...Test and Prod servers. Copy everything to the newly installed Test server and open everything up until verify everything works, then uninstall the prod server and install the upgrade.

CP [cook]

cp
Question is triggered at me by my guy's.
Any reference material (*.pdf) or only support from cognos.
Still ball is not in my court yet.
nathi

No reference on migrating to 2000. Just open a call if you have an id.

here are a couple tid bits...

The following error message is displayed immediately after installing Objects tore on the Windows 2000 server:
The server log file could not be initialize d. After setup is complete you will need to run OBSERVER -con -i to manually initialize the transaction log.
he Objects tore services will not start, and Impromptu Web Reports 7.0 won't install either because it needs the Objects tore Services.
When trying to run the OBSERVER -con -i received and error message referencing the F: drive. There is no F: drive on the server.
The error is related to an invalid temp location setting. Ensure that the temp system variables are pointing to valid paths. Once changes are made, reinstall Objects tore.

---------------
How do you add Cognos objects to system monitor in Windows 2000 Advanced Server?

Solution:

1.Open Performance from administrative tools.
2.Highlight system monitor from the top left and select the '+' from the menu bar above the graph.
3.Ensure that 'select counters from list' and 'select instances from list' radio buttons are both selected.
4.In the performance object drop down list select 'process'.

You should then be able to scroll to the available processes on the right such as PPserver, PPSrvAdm etc and select them and then select add for each one they should be added to in the list below the graph.

----------------------
Database: Oracle
Product: Configuration Manager 7.0.150.108

DESCRIPTION
After the Ticket Server is uninstalled an error is generated when trying to start components in Configuration Manger when the server is selected in the Component Tab.

ERROR

'Failed Activation of Access Manager - Ticket Server. The system cannot find the file specified.'

SOLUTION
Locate and rename the TicketServer.scd file on the system and restart services from Configuration Manager.
------------------

CP [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back