Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCommDave

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
I have Call Pilot 1.07 on a server. I am replacing that with 201I Call Pilot 4.0. Can the mailbox information be uploaded from the server to the new call pilot? Does anyone have those procedures? Thanks

MasterCommDave...the answer is no you can not migrate to cp 4.0 plus it would be best to start fresh .

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

you can migrate the 1.07 to 4.0. its a 2 step process,

1st you need to upgrade your 1.07 to 2.2 then you can migrate to 4.0 on the new server.

follow the CP migration and upgrade guide and you'll be fine.

djwht... let me explain 1.07 will go to 2.2 if you want to
go to a 201i server upgrade.then yes you upgrade to 4.0 if
you have the proper size drive are you following me.its cheaper to not migrate and just get a new 201i server
with the proper size drive so when you want to go to 5.0
only thing you need is cd's and keycodes.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

The only problem with a two step upgrade is that 2.02 is not shipping any more. You will need to address this with your vendor to make sure they can get you a copy of 2.02 from Nortel.

All 1.07's we did went directly to 4.0 as new installs. YOu can have both systems up and running, just reassign pilot CDN to on old Call Pilot, let them clear out their vmail boxes.

Populating a new Call Pilot with users should take all of about 10 minutes.

John

Thanks all, I just started over. Probably much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back