Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration of Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooksF

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
US
We've currently setup a Training Lab to test the Pros and Cons of migrating to Office XP from Office 2000. I've setup a unit with an upgrade to Office XP, within Outlook XP when I run the Outlook Send/Receive Progress it syncs up with the Mail Server and it removes all emails from my existing Outlook 2000 inbox and sends it to my Outlook XP inbox. I've tried numerous methods to keep emails within Outlook 2000 inbox as well as in Outlook XP inbox. But I've been unsuccessful in every attempt. Does anyone have any feedback on how to remedy this problem, where I can have my emails in both inboxes. Thanks.

Sounds like you are using PST ?
You have to select Mailbox as delivery (on both Outlooks) that way the mail stays on the server.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back