Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration From Paradox to SQL Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperG

Programmer
Mar 24, 2000
CA
I have been tasked with migrating one of my organizations larger paradox databases to SQL Server 2000 and then to re-design the front end in VB.NET.

Currently the set up on the network is that SQL Server 2000 is on a Win2K server the Network Admin and two IS Managers have licence for it to create and admininistrate databases.

They have relayed to me (through several management layers) that if I want to create and maintain my own DB's that I require an additional processor licence. Cost about $2000 Cdn( or so I'm told). To get the funding I need a business case which I was going to use the Evaluation Edition of SQL Server 2000 for. However it is now taken offline since the slammer virus.

Does anyone have a copy of it I could get from them. I will build my business case on a non-networked machine so the slammer virus won't be an issue. Or does anyone know when the Evaluation will be available again so I can inform my supervisors of an expected delay.

Thank you.

Glenn

Many of the books concerning SQL server have an evaluation edition in them. If you are new to SQL Server you could probably use one of the books anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back