Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration from IP Office 500V1 9.0 to IP office Server Edition 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony412

Instructor
Aug 8, 2006
IT

Hi,
I need to migrate from a IP Office 500 V1 to IP Office Server Edition virtualized .
I currently have the following licenses:

120 Avaya IP end point licenses
22 additional PRI channels licenses
12 VM Pro licenses

also i need to add 80 ip endpoint licenses and other 22 additional PRI channels licenses

I have therefore 3 questions:

Can i move the current IP500V1 licenses to the host id of the IP Office server edition?
This process (SWAP) can be done after the activation of the two server edition license and the 80 new licenses IP endpoint? Or needs to be done first?
The new 22 additional PRI channels licenses can be installed on the host id of the server edition or in the new SD card of the new IP Office 500V2?

Thanks and regards.

Antonio

No,
the V1 unit isn't compatible with IP Office server Edition 9.1..
I will get a new IP 500v2 to connect the ISDN PRI.

Regards

Antonio

You can do a license swap from the V1 to the V2.
But you cannot do a license swap from anything to the SE.
The IP licenses should really be added to the SE not the V2.
If you are going to SE why not use SIP trunks?
In my area they are a third of the cost of a PRI.

But you cannot do a license swap from anything to the SE.

Are you sure - I could swear we have done swaps to the SE

| ACSS SME |

According to Avaya you cannot.
If you have something that states otherwise, I'd love to see it.

As long as you keep it on ADI it shouldn't be a problem. ADI to PLDS is another story, don't know if there's a process in place for that yet.
When everything is PLDS you can move them yourself how you want, as long as all licenses are registered on the same customer.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

There is no (official) process to go from ADI to PLDS. We are currently trying to get PLDS licenses for an existing ADI system because the customer ordered ipocc. Seems that we will have to purchase the licenses new but get a 100% discount.

I am 99% sure at version 10 there is a way to move to PLDS and then rehost to a SE

[cheers]

You can be 100% sure. But in our case we want it in R9.1

This is the answer of Avaya ATAC EMEA:

Can we move the current IP500V1 licenses to the host id of the IP Office server edition?
ATAC: No, the IP500v1 licenses cannot be moved to the IPO server edition.
You will have to first move them to an IP500v2 and then move it to server edition or keep it nodal.

This process (SWAP) can be done after the activation of the two server edition license and the 80 new licenses IP endpoint? Or needs to be done first?
ATAC: First swap has to be done and then all other processes and license additions.

The new 22 additional PRI channels licenses can be installed on the host id of the server edition or in the new SD card of the new IP Office 500V2?
ATAC: It will be installed on SD card of the new IP500v2. The PRI licenses are nodal.

Migration from IP500v2 to server edition
There are three different options available for migration from IP500 to server edition. They are as follows:-
1. Feature Key Swap -

This option is only valid when there is a single IP500 V2 migrating to become a Server Edition expansion server.

2. Commercial Offer-Special Pricing
You will have to return all licenses and buy new licenses.

3. Keep IP500 V2 Licenses Nodal

You will have to go for one of these options. Depending on the option you opt you will have to follow its procedure and accordingly can resuse a few licenses.
For details please refer the attached migration documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back