Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration from IMail to Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

H00pscoach

Instructor
Jul 18, 2003
US
Need some help here. I am trying to see if there is a way to Migrate IMail into Exchange 2003. I have looked at Microsoft and IMail support info and found nothing. I have about 300 users that I need to migrate and would like to do it from the server and then to go to each user.

Is there hope for me??

Thanks

Hello

I need to perform a migration as well. Did anyone ever respond to you?

If your accounts are already in PST files then you should be able to use a microsoft utility called EXMERGE, it comes on the exchange CD and will allow you to import PST files into existing exchange accounts (they have to be setup already)

AM

I will have to do the same as well but i couldn't find any info about it.
My ideas:

1) Setup users with Outlook so they will start using PST files and then, one it's done you import all the pst files to exchange...

2) Relay all the emails from the Imail server to the exchange server for a while...

I don't know really... can someone help us?

I have done this. It is fairly easy if you use the registry to store the users information in imail. Download Iplus browser (there is a link on the Ipswitch website) and use it to create a file with the usernames and passwords. You can use the information from this file to create a file that you can use for the Exchange migration wizard. I also used this information to do a batch load into active directory from the command line using "dsadd user".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back