Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration fails waiting for blank media

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotech22

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
AS 11.5 sp4. I have two staged jobs that run at the same time as a job that runs direct to tape. When the direct to tape job finishes, the data migration faze of the staged jobs kicks off and starts to copy to tape. In the past, one job would run and the other job would wait until the tape drive was available again before starting the 2nd migration.

I had to do a server rebuild, and now the 2nd migration tries to start the copy job while he first one is running, and times out with a message: "Please mount a blank media or media not belonging to any pool media".
Both staging jobs are set up the same for destination device and are set to append to media. I don't know what setting I had turned on/off before that allowed the 2nd migration to wait until the first one completed.

Help please. TIA
Roger

Have you tried to stager what time the jobs write to tape? ie tape job ends at 1. start 1st migration at 1:10 secound at 2 (or however long the 1st one ussually takes)

Thanks hemps37. I have staggered the job start times, but that doesn't control when the migration starts. I just found the setting where you can specify the time the migration starts. So I'm trying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back