Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migration Exchange 2003 to 2010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimSills

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2001
US
Environment:
One Exchange 2003 Server. One Exchange 2010 Server. Small account. 25-Mailboxes.

Exchange 2010 installed, up and running. Migrated all 2003 mailboxes to 2010. Mail Send and Receive is perfect.

But delivery fails if the Exchange 2003 server is offline. So the Exchange 2010 Server is relying on the Exchange 2003 Server to receive and pass all email.

I smell something with SMTP but I don’t know what to do.

The zone file MX records are set for:
Exchange 2003 Server Priority 10
Exchange 2010 Server Priority 5

How do I configure Exchange 2010 Server to forget the old Exchange 2003 Server and to accept direct delivery without relying on the Exchange 2003 Server to receive the email and pass it to the Exchange 2010 Server?

Thank you.

Have you actually got send and receive connectors set up on EX2010 to and from the internet?

Sounds like a stupid question I know, but you'd be surprised.

ntinlin - SUPER THANKS. It was the SMTP Connector. On the surface it looked good and was configured correctly but it was corrupted internally by an anti-spam application. You couldn't see it, but it was corrupt. The fact that you pointed me to the Connector was all the incentive I needed to dig into it deeper. THANKS AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back