Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIGRATION 5.5 TO EXCHANGE 2003 SMTP PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdeassis

MIS
Oct 24, 2000
US
Ok..

Here is the problem. I still have my old 5.5 server on line for Public Folders synch reasons.On the old server also has Internet Mail services running. My problem is when I stop the IMS I can not send any emails, I can receive them but not send. The public ip number has been pointed to the new 2003 server and it seems to work fine. Once the IMS is restarted in the old server and I check the que I see all the messages to be sent and they do go out after a few minutes.

Why are the emails still being sent from the old server and how can I fix this so they will go though the new 2003 Exchange server only.

Thanks for your help!

Are your Outlook Clients pointing to the 5.5 or 2003 server in their MAPI Profiles ?

-Iota

yes, everyone has been migrated to the new server

You have to move the internet mail connector to the new server that will be relaying outbound emails to the internet.

Right click on the organzation name within the Exchange System Manager and click "Internet Mail Wizard". Follow the instructions to install it to the server you want to act as the relay point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back