Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating workgroup from 2003 to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhuffst

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have previously developed a database on Access 2003. which uses the Workgroup Administration function within Access to assign and manage permissions to tables, forms and so on.

My organisation has started upgrading users onto Access 2010. I understand that Workgroup Administration is no longer an option in the 2010 version but that it can still run as a 2003 if you don't convert.

I created a new shortcut with the following:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp "\\CobWin02\FHMeterRental\FireHydrant Database\FHProd2003.mdw"  "\\CobWin02\FHMeterRental\FireHydrant Database\FHPROGRAM-2003.mdb"
but I still get this when I click on the shortcut.
You do not have the permission to use the xxxxxxxx.mdb object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks Lhuffst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back