Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating users from one call pilot to another existing call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcvh1

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
Is it possible to migrate users from one call pilot to another existing call pilot? Both call pilots are the same release. This is a site that is going to a SMG and has no need for the call pilot at the SMG site.

Never actually done this from one CallPilot to another but apparently you can.
Look for "User (Mailbox) Archive" in the CallPilot Manager online help.

You can do it, but keep in mind the seat licensing, you must have an adequate number of seats available on the target system for the types of users you are bringing over. The licensing wont migrate; I don't know if they can still transfer licenses between systems; it would depend on your maintenance agreement and the age of the systems.

You'll need to create an archive with just the users you wish to move; and if there are any App Builder apps, you'll need to migrate them separately.

Good Luck!

30n30w

Thanks guys for the info. I knew it could be done. Do you know where I can find the procedure in the NTPs?

30n30w, thanks for the heads up on the licenses. I already alerted them about this. I think they currently have enough in the target system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back