Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to new server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMadCoder

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2008
I'm having a new server built and would like to ask the opinion of you folks. What's the best method to migrate the users and current network configuration over to the new box.

I current have 54 users all using exchange and would like to have them all using the new box by next sometime next week.

what version of exchange is running now? what version are you planning for the new box?

Windows 2003 Server for small Business.

The new server will be the exact same.

if the new machine will be in the same domain and exchange org you can use mailbox move to migrate from one store to the other.

otherwise a tool like exmerge is pretty handy for exporting/importing mailbox data.

Basically I want to image the current configuration to the new machine. Since you and I know that's not possible, would the tools suggested above do what I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back