Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to new hardware...questions!!! HOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2000
US
I need to move to my current SMS 2003 w/SP2 primary site to another server TODAY and have everything as close to ready as I can get it before tomorrow morning! To do this I'm aware that I'll need to perform a backup and restore of the SMS database and its components. I've installed the Site Recovery Expert onto another server and notice that one of the things it suggests is to:
1. Delete the Site Systems Connections accunt group.
2. Disable the Site to site connection group on "despooler.box\receive".

In another step it suggests that if I rename the current server I can keep it on the network and copy everything I need to the new server.

How true is this? I'm assuming that I'll still need to perform a backup and restore of the NT or SMS database using the SMS Backup service? What about Active Directory? Do I delete the contents of the System Management container before doing this?

I feel like I'm missing something and would appreciate any direction. For a reference I'm using Chapter 15 Backup & Recovery.

Figured this out and I'm now concerned with performing a successful site backup.

ENded up performing a SQL restore and reconfigured the site settings. So this is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back