Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to a new Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

penroy

MIS
Feb 12, 2006
JM
I am in the process of planning a domain migration from windows 2003 to 2008.

In the 2003 domain exchange is installed,we are planning to reinstalling the exchange server once the 2008 domain is ready,however we want to perform a phase approach.

What I am think of is to create a trust relationship between the old domain and the new.Once I have the trust in place.

Can I move the users to the new domain and still allow access to the exchange server in the 2003.

NB 300 User 150 workstation.

That seems like an awful lot of work just to upgrade your domain to 2008. Why not just do rolling upgrades of the DCs? Install a new 2008 machine, do the schema updates, then promote the 2008 box to a DC and GC. Move the FSMO roles. Upgrade the other DCs.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

The Active Directory has some unknown issues that just comes of sometimes out of the blue,so the customer has decided to to do a clean installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back