Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to 2003 on new hardware and Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niltinho

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
GB
I need to migrate our AD from 2000 native to 2003 due a company re-structure (we are basically splitting ourselves off), the migration will happen slowly as there is loads of domain users which are hardcode on our applications plus servers which delivers our services on the clients' sites and SQL authentication too. So I will create an External trust between the domains and migrate the users and computers gradually. Due to space requirements and server issues I have been requested to migrate our Exchange 2000 server to 2003 on new hardware, which I am confident on how to do it. But to save work in the future I want to just created the new domain and the trust and migrate the exchange 2000 to a new 2003 server on the new domain while the users will still belong to the old domain, after the exchange migration is complete I will start to migrate the users and computer to new domain. Can I do that? Is it the best way to approach it?

Thank you,
Nilton

Niltinho
BEng,CCNA,MCSA,CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back