Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating Lotus Notes users to Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftgw

MIS
Apr 17, 2002
US
I am working with a site that is migrating Lotus Notes users to Exchange 2000. The issue is that most of the users have Local Notes archive files (filename.nsf) on their personal PC's.

Thay want the ability to access these files from Outlook and or import these files from their local PC.

From my reading it does not appear that Outlook can access these files nor does it appear that Outlook can import .nsf files.

Does anybody know of an add-on that would do this or does Outlook have the capability and I can not find.

It appears Notes Migration Wizard can do this but setting up shares to a couple of thousand local PC's would be extremely time consuming and costly.

Any ideas would be appreciated

I have just completed a project migrating from Notes to E2k...

I used the migration tool but only because the company involved didn't want the expense of 3rd party software...

Things to bear in mind are; ensure users nsf is on the server then you can migrate several at once, ensure all mails are decrypted otherwise user will not be able to read them in outlook, the migration tool is VERY flakey from experience 20% failure so much so that I ended up migrating users on an individual basis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back