Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from V-series to D-series

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny99

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2001
DK
Today we have just signed our contract with StorageTek so that we will migrate from the V-series to the D-series.
We hope to get a much more simple windows enviroment on the D-series and also better performance.

Has anyone tried this?

/johnny

I have never used the V-series disk or gone through the migration from V to D.

What D-Series did you get?

Santricity software to manage the disk is very cool and straight forward. I have an older D-173 in my lab with the 8.30 version of the software. For your windows environment, just make sure STK gives you enough partition licenses. The partitioning is their LUN Masking feature.

Why where you using V disk in a windows environment? The V is more for the Mainframe side of the house.

It's a D280 and we get 64 partions

Yes, 64 is the max you can order.

The D280 is a good box, you should be happy with it in your Winodws setup.

Will the D280 also be usefull for Solaris and Linux?

By the way the I should get the D280 next week

If you put Solaris or Linux on the D280, you will have to get the SanTricity agents for those OS's

Is that an option you have to pay for?
Not that StorageTek normaly charge this kind of thing that high (if you have ever seen EMC prices)

Yes, you have to pay for them. They list for $3k US for each OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back