Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating from seagate info 7.5 to crystal enterprise 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasarian

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
CA
Hi everyone I could really use some help, it would be appreciated greatly.
My current project is to migrate Seagate info 7.5 to crystal decisions 9.0. I don’t have a lot of experience with either but I really need to get this done. Having referred to some online support docs as well as the handbooks I am no closer to a successful migration then I was before. I have CR 9 set up on a win server 2003 box at the moment and tried using the import wizard to import the APS, some folders and user groups were imported however any objects like reports were not.

My 7.5 info setup is as follows:
Seagate 7.5 uses an oracle db + driver
APS name is SGATEDEV.COMP.COM
All reports and folders are stored on a win shared directory named ‘info Reports’
And the SGATEDEV.COMP.COM directory is also on a win shared drive

So far I have looked at my crystal 9 setup and was wondering if under servers I should name the input and output server to the directory ‘info reports’?

If anyone has successfully migrated from 7.5 – 9 or has any suggestions it would be so very much appreciated. I am unbelievably stuck. Thanks for your help.
Tas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back