Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from R3.1 to ACS R6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRONE2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2003
US
The existing configuration: SLOT1 (206 E R3.0), SLOT2 (206 R3.1), SLOT3 (Processor 3.1), SLOT4 (206 R2.0), SLOT5 (206E R4.1) Would I be able to upgrade seemlessly to ACS? What's the current release?

If the existing Partner 3.1 has 7 of the 8 available line inputs used (I have four 206 's), then how is that going to be affected by the new ACS R 6.0 with its own 3 line and 8 extension connections?

One other thing, I've also been told that the older 5 slot carriers does not allow for access to batteries in ACS Processor Module. Anyone else heard about this?

By the way...This is probably the best forum I have ever found with such a GREAT number of individuals with A LOT of GOOD advice! Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

OK so I should read :( I looked through forum and found the answer. The older 5-slot carriers have tab on bottom that prevents access to battery compartment. The newer carriers are grey and have the tabs on top. Solution is to break off the tab in current carrier, better solution is to purchase new carrier (< $150.00) while system is down for conversion. You guys need to give me a STAR for perseverance!!! Thanks Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back