Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from Meridian Option61 to Avaya G3siR10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker

MIS
Oct 5, 2000
US
Can anyone give me tips on what all information I might need to gather/translate from the Option61 in order to make a transition to an Avaya Definity G3siR10? Dirk Melvin
dirk_melvin@iwhs.org

Hey Taker,

Where to start ??? I would start with the Definity's software package to see if the features and services are compatible with those of the Opt. 61 which you might be used to. Next, collect or print information on the types of trunks that will be attached to the Definity, how incomming calls are routed for vectoring, announcements, call distribution, voice mail. Move on to your dialing plan to include external dialing for your AAR and ARS tables, permissions and restriction tables, station and trunk class of service (COS), voice mail compatibility, consoles and after hours call handling. Also collect informaion on hunt patterns, multiple appearances, authorization codes if any, system capacity. There are other things to consider but once you confirm that the Avaya can do what the Opt 61 does, you are well on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back