Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

migrating from a Siemens 9005 to a Nortel Option 61C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerscooby

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
Does anyone know where I can find details or scopes of work migrating from a Siemens 9005 to a Nortel Option 61C?

I want to insure I have all the little details and if anyone has ever done this I would appreciate your feedback.

Check the Nortel Forum, I responed there.I should have said also there that Nortel is not user friendly, for the most part no typing ? to get your options. You will need to know what LOAD to go to to make your changes if you don't have TM. TM is a GUI interface that you make changes on your PC then it goes into the switch and does them for you.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

The migration steps should be fairly generic since you are going from one OEM to one that is totally different. The biggest problem you will likely face is knowing what is in the 9005 as of now. Get a PC/Laptop/Printer attached to the 9005, go to CNFG and list out everything in your system so you know what's there now. That will eliminate any confustion when they start yanking out jumpers, cables and the like. You need to have a starting point to be able to re-deploy the right phone numbers to the right desks. Unless you are adopting a new numbering plan then it won't make much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back