Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from 4.5 to 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boed

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2002
US
I set up a new W2k3 server and put a trial version of 6.1 on it. I copied our web site over to the new server (it won't get very far though. I went into administration cold fusion web site and ran the site analysis tool and showed that I have several pages that require some modification. It points out what tags are no longer valid but doesn't give much info on how to correct the lines that need changing. Are there any utilities that automatically can migrate the code correctly?

If not, I would guess it would take anyone who knew 6.x about 30 to 60 minutes to fix the code. Any guess on where I could post the job?

Thanks

Most of the migration is easy..

CFCHART/CFGRAPH is a pain.. There's no reason but they like copied one tag and then changed the original.. don't ask me why, I guess... they liked the name of the tag better?

Its against TT rules to really say very much about posting jobs.. I guess you could google for "cold fusion jobs"..

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Thanks - I've been trying to reply for a while but the page hasn't been letting me.

Would it be against the rules if I suggest people PM me if they want to help with this?

There is no PM function of Tek-Tips.. And I'm pretty sure emailing for help is not... recommended.

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

From 4.5 to 6.1???

ever heard of: "A small step for man, but a big step for mankind" ;-) Good luck (and fun) with the V6.1

Some people can learn, some people can teach.

It's really not a big deal...

Its actually harder for some devvers to go 4.5 --> 5 --> MX (because some really relied on connect string which is only available in v5).

I've moved multiple sites through sequential versions and some straight from 4.5 to mx.. Never had a problem really..

ALFII.com
---------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back